Are you a Chef looking to enhance your career? Eldercare has an exciting role for a chef at our Mount Barker site.
- Based at our Sash Ferguson site at Mount Barker
- Part-time (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Attractive staff benefits such as salary sacrificing
Eldercare is a leading not-for-profit aged care provider in South Australia with in excess of 1500 employees. Our workplace culture embraces teamwork, innovation and a dedication to our purpose of delivering peace of mind with our care. Based at our Sash Ferguson site, located in Mount Barker, you will be required to work Friday, Saturday & Sunday each week (7am - 2.30pm Friday & 7am - 2pm Saturday and Sunday). Reporting to the Chef Manager, this role requires an enthusiastic team player.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Formal cookery qualifications or relevant experience
- Experience in a commercial kitchen and/or Aged Care or Health industries
- A flexible and adaptive nature
- High level of professionalism and empathy when communicating with staff, residents and their families
- Understand the importance of food in people's lives, especially as they age
- A passion for food and presentation
- The ability to take control of the kitchen
If you want to join our inspiring team, we can offer you:
- an opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our residents
- great team environment with variety in the role
- modern facility with onsite parking
- Locations across greater Adelaide
If you have a commitment to quality care and being part of an inspiring team, please register your interest with us.
If you have any inquiries regarding the role, please contact Brandee Thiele, Chef Manager on 0406 672 425.
To view the Job and Person Specification for this role please click here.
To work for Eldercare, you are required to have a police clearance valid for working in aged care (vulnerable) and clearance needs to be less than 12 months since date of issue.
Eldercare welcomes diversity. Regardless of their culture, religion, spirituality, age, gender, sexuality, disability, socio-economic background or personal experiences, our people are included and respected.
Eldercare encourages respectful relationships and does not accept any form of gender-based violence in the workplace.
Eldercare is committed to preventing violence against women and is proud to be a White Ribbon Accredited Workplace to support victims of abuse.
All employees can expect to receive fair and equal treatment and to be free from discrimination in all aspects of their life with Eldercare.
Eldercare is proud to provide a smoke free environment across all sites.